Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

1988 Nissan injector does not spray

Customer Question

1988 Nissan injector does not spray
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In order to be able to help you with this we need complete information, need to know the model of your 1988 as well as engine size. Post back when you can with this information and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
nissan 1988 pathfinder 4x4
3.0 motor
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Are you getting key on power at the injectors?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no,
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When i put power to the injectors it sprays, but will not stay on.
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Okay are you also lacking spark?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
we have changed the spark plugs, distributor, tested injectors with ownes meter registered good, check the fuel filter and pump reading good.Straight current to injectors bump bump sprayed good. Why the injectors not coming on and staying on? Would the safety netural switch play a part in this problem? Before had to push in clutch to suppress the safety netural switch, now do not have to engage clutch to start or turnover.
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

No the neutral safety switch has no control over spark and injector pulse. Are you sure you have power and ground to the computer. The injectors as well as the computer get there power from the main relay. Once you have power at the injectors they are controlled by the ground switch signal from the computer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
where is the ground switch to the computer located? Is it near the coil?d Do the coil need to be grounded?
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

The ground is not a switch its 2 wire the connect from ground to pins 107 and pin 109 at the computer. See the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/ECM%20Ground%20Jul%2027.pdf