peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I have an 06 nissan murano awd. Problem is that the awd

Customer Question

Hi there i have an 06 nissan murano awd. Problem is that the awd light came on, check for codes and there is. P1701, p0615, p1720 and p1574. Thanks so much for u help.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you tried to clear out/erase these codes to see which ones come back again?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I clear the codes on ecm and tcm, take it for a drive and non of the codes has come back but as soon as i take off the awd light comes on, i put it on newtral push the button to lock the awd and the light on dash said awd lock but again a soon as i take off the light went off and the other came on.

Are any other lights coming on like traction or anti lock brake light at all?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Abs light its on too and there is a code fir that. C1108

O.k.,the code C1108 is the cause here for the awd light.The code C1108 indicates a fault with one of the wheel speed sensors sending an incorrect wheel speed signal.When this occurs this can disable the awd and turn on the awd warning light.

Check and make sure all tires are the same and aired up properly as this causes this issue here.If these are o.k. then your vehicle needs driven with a scan tool plugged into it to observe the wheel speed sensor signals to locate one that is faulty needing replaced.The scan tool has to be one that can read wheel speed sensor signals to watch each sensor signal.Once this is located and the affected speed sensor is replaced then this will resolve the awd issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Air on tires its ok. This code refers to front driver side sensor do u think even the code is saying that side its the bad sensor i can be a different sensor on the others? Or should i replace that sensor?

I believe it is that sensor as the cause but the only way to really be sure here is to operate the vehicle with a scan tool plugged into your model to observe the wheel speed sensors and replace the affected sensor.I suspect it is the drivers front since you have a code for it.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I replace the sensor, erase codes and when i just started driving the awd light come on as well the code came back.

Inspect the wiring from the sensor to where it runs and connects to for any issues.If any issues are found they will need repaired to correct this fault here.If this is checked and found o.k. let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Wiring looks ok

Are you positive this code lead to the drivers side sensor and not the passenger side?Can you monitor wheel speed sensor signals on a data list on a compatible scan tool while driving to see if you see one that isnt showing a wheel speed signal or is showing a wheel speed signal that doesnt match the other signals?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The code said front left. And no i dont have a scan tool to monitor

O.k.,was it just the sensor you replaced or the entire hub?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just the sensor

O.k.,this may be an issue with the sensor rotor at fault to where it is corroded or damaged and the wheel speed sensor is unable to pick up a signal from it.I would have this checked as it may need replaced.This can be common as well for this issue here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.A rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
if thats the case do i have to replace the hub assembly or can only replace the sensor rotor?

On this model the sensor rotor cannot be replaced separately.It has to be replaced with the entire hub assembly.

Thanks Pete