Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My 2012 Nissan Rogue has issues starting. It makes a

Customer Question

My 2012 Nissan Rogue has issues starting. It makes a clicking noise, and takes a while for the engine to turn over
JA: Have you double-checked the battery? And are the wiring connections to and from the starter in good shape?
Customer: I have not checked the battery, I plan on doing so in the morning. I'm not sure how to check the wiring to and from the starter, although there is an automatic starter installed
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am hoping to fix myself. I have not tried anything yet, as I do not want to make things worse
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The gas is draining more than usual. Other than that, there is nothing
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your questionIs it a rapid clicking you are getting?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.
Thank you, rapid clicking is a sign of a weak battery. I would try jump starting the car and when it starts right up, go have the battery checked and replaced if needed.Do you have any more questions on this?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you so much. I appreciate it
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.
You're welcome and Thank you for using JustAnswer.comThanks Jay