Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

I have a 2001 Nissan Xterra. The ABS light came on few hours

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Nissan Xterra. The ABS light came on for a few hours last week, then went off. The "service engine light " also came on & has remained on. I took my vehicle to Auto Zone and the and they tested it, and the following Error Codes came up; P0744,P0740,P0325. The folks there told it probably was the transmission sensor. Can you give me your opinion, and where should I take it so that i won't get cheated.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,

The two 700 codes are indeed for the transmission.

These are for the torque converter solenoid inside the transmission. You will need a transmission shop or the dealer to resolve this issue for you. The P0325 is for the knock sensor on the engine. To be honest this sensor isn't anything to worry about at this time. This code won't even turn the check engine light on. The transmission codes however need to be dealt with or the torque converter will stop locking up when it should and the truck won't move anymore.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!