My name is renee i have a 2003 nissan maxima that i bought

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** have a 2003 nissan maxima that i bought my daughter did a small tune up and car is running fine but now A/c stop working it has freon and it works when it wants to the fans kick on for only about 3 seconds and shut off like its not wanting to cycle i tryed waching off condensor and. I also put a hi power blower in front of car and still no cool down please help
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The tune up has no affect on the AC operation. The issue is most commonly due to a freon level. It could be boarder line of the specification for the Ac Pressure sensor to allow the compressor to come on. When it comes to outside temperature, it could affect freon pressures which can cause it to drop out of spec and not work. So I would see if you can had have the Freon level adjusted to verify.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

if the compressor won't come on to draw freon in, then you will need to recover all freon from the system and put a AC vacuum pump on the system to see if it can hold pressure. Then while the system is in a vacuum state, charge the AC system with the proper amount of freon. The system when it's in a vacuum state will draw the freon into the system to allow you to adjust it to the proper level.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I vacuumed the ac system and no leaks but now im trying to charge the it and compressor will not cycle can you help
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

Are you trying to charge it when the system is in a vacuum state?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No i pulled vac pump and trying to cycle compressor
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

You need to put the AC system into a Vacuum state. Then while in a negative state, add freon so it can draw it in

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is its @-30
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

ok, if you stop the vacuum pump, can it hold at -30?