Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2012 Nissan altima. I started the car and smoke

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Nissan altima. I started the car and smoke started bellowing out the dash board by the passenger side pillar. It was clear it was an electrical short of some sort. I turned off the car and waited a few minutes. I started it back up and everything seemed fine. I then realized there was no power going to my ac controls. As well the car was locked into parked, and had to use the shift over ride button to get in drive to move it into my driveway.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.
Hey there thanks for the question.Well you likely have some fuses blown for starters, but replacing them will do more harm then good at this point, you need to first fix the shorted wires, there likely shorted to each other or grounded, but start by removing the glove box and getting a flash light to look for the wires effected under the dash there