Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2002 NISSAN MAXIMA, AUTO TRANS, ON COLD START UP /

Customer Question

2002 NISSAN MAXIMA, AUTO TRANS, ON COLD START UP / ACCELERATION SURGES REALLY BAD AFTER ABOUT 3/5 MINUTES RUNS FINE.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: WAS ALL RECENTLY SERVICED, FILTERS BRAKES ETC. , I JUST BOUGHT SAID IT'S BEEN DOING THIS FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS. THEY USED TO JUST START AND LET IT SET FOR A FEW MINUTES, HAS 236,000 ON THE CAR
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: WAS GOING TO RUN A FUEL PRESSURE TEST BUT WAS READING THE COIL S MAY BE BREAKING DOWN,
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: THEY REPLACED BOUGHT OZYGEN SENSORS AND THEY SAID THE INTAKE SENSOR HAVEN'T LOOKED INTO THAT ONE YET,
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
said they replaced both oxygen sensors and an intake sensor haven't looked into that yet. car runs awesome once it wars up just a little, and doesn't always stutter when cold,
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I would think if the coil s were breaking down it would get worse instead of better with heat?
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yup disappointed no one answered

No codes stored?

Its a surge for sure, not a misfire?

On cold start is this on light, moderate, or hard accel when you get the surge?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
doesn't make any difference, does it on light moderate and aggressive start. after 3 or 4 minutes runs fine

The best cause that fits this scenario is a weak pump not getting the fuel pressure up high enough which can be tested. The next would be the computer faulty not able to run in default till the loop status changes.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris