Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 2004 infinite fx 45, I was driving in fast lane on

Customer Question

My 2004 infinite fx 45, I was driving in fast lane on freeway, all of sudden. Heard a strange noise the rpm( I think that the name) started going down shaking and my car slowing wasn't able to use gas pedal I managed to get to right hand emergency lane the car cut off so now I'm halfway in emergency rt hand lane and partial blocking rt hand fwy lane. Car wouldn't start. Light came on that Said (VDX) and saw another light said (slip) unable to start car engine wouldn't turn on. About 15 min later tried again was able to get car off fwy. Oil was a little,low put 1 can in. Drove car home but still not starting up immediately,only after several trys. When I stop at red light car makes sound like it's gonna cut off again.and vdx/slip/cruise/check engine. All these light up on panel. At home when I turned engine off. Would not start up again.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

So as of now it will crank but not start?

Any way you can get it scanned to see which codes are stored?

So far the information is pointing to a failure of the electronic throttle body.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris