Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

I have 1987 Nissan truck. I,m trying to remove heater

Customer Question

I have 1987 Nissan truck. I,m trying to remove heater control unit. I have taken screws out appears to be held down in rear of unit in some fashion. Can you help?
JA: HHave you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: What? I,m not dealing with coolant system!
JA: What is the model of your '87 Nissan?
Customer: King cab*****
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I need to check out heater switch!
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.

hey there, sorry about the off the wall questions on the question intake. They are not mechanis, they are just helping to get the questions to the right people.

when you say heater control unit, are you referring to the control panel fro the hvac settings or the actual heating/cooling unit under the dash? because that would require the heater hoses and evaportor to be disconnected?