Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

I HAVE A CAR AT MY SHOP 2001 NISSAN ALTIMA THAT HAS CODES

Customer Question

HI MY NAME IS***** HAVE A CAR AT MY SHOP 2001 NISSAN ALTIMA THAT HAS CODES P1610-P1612 AND WONT START THEFT LIGHT IS ON CAN YOU HELP ME
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

HI Nelson,

Sorry to say but with these codes the keys need to be reprogrammed. There isn't any bypass we can do with this situation because basically the key is sending a code to the computer via the antenna. So, you will be forced to either have a mobile locksmith come out and reprogram the keys for you, or you will have to have the vehicle towed to a nissan dealer to have it done.

Sorry, I know it's not a lot of help, but it should prevent you from spending extra money on parts the car doesn't need.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!