Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2008 nissan pathfinder with p0340 code replace right

Customer Question

2008 nissan pathfinder with p0340 code
replace right camshaft position sensor and code comes back to pending immediately
also replaced crankshaft position sensor
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What side of the engine is that cam sensor located that you installed? Also did you get the sensors from the dealer?

Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

Just want to make sure when you say the right side of the engine, we are talking about the same side of the engine. Sometimes peoples get the Right and Left side mixed up. So I normally ask if it was Passenger Side or Drivers side so there is no confusion.

Let me know

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
passenger side and replaced with delphi sensor
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

Ok... Few things

First when it comes to after market electrical parts, it's very common for them not to work properly. After Market sensors are known to cause stalling issues without throwing codes, or it will continue to throw codes or intake timing codes to make you think it's something else when it's actually just the sensor. So please keep that in mind. When it comes to electrical parts, it's always best to stick with the dealer.

This logo on the sensor is how you know it's a OEM sensor.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Cam%20Sensor%20OEM.jpg

The other thing, these sensors have the snap lock type connector. If that lock does not fully snap up, it can cause a poor connection which can also throw codes. So double check the sensors connection and make sure the connector lock is fully snapped out and locked. See video for connector locking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7stRE6f5Ko

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Connector is correctly fastened and used an oem Nissan sensor and same thing. Po340 pops right back when we clear while car is running it will die and not restart right away
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

Does the sensor have that logo on it?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No logo but came straight from Nissan dealership in O'Fallon IL
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

That is odd if it doesn't have that logo. But I guess we will see what happens.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Still having same issue with Nissan sensor. P0340 comes back immediately. When cleared while vehicle is running it will die
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

I wonder if the timing chain is off time. Can you get the car to run after you clear the code?