rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a nissan pathfinder 2000 model r50. It ran out of

Customer Question

I have a nissan pathfinder 2000 model r50. It ran out of fuel and i have ow put fuel in it but the car wont start and the fuel pump wont pump. I have hooked power to the fuel pump and it works so i am not getting any power from the ignition. I have checked and changed the relays and fuses and still nothing
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Do you know the fuse number?
Customer: Yes and the fuse is good i even swapped it out
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am hoping to fix this myself. As i said i have changed the fuel pump relay and fuses and still have no power to the fuel pump. I have connected power to the fuel pump and the fuel pump works. I can even start the car while i have power to the pump and it runs fine
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nothing i can think of. The car was running fine until it ran out of petrol
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is appreciated. JA is a great place, but it does NOT replace a shop. My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time. Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

Try this re-learn procedure first that I attached for you.If this does NOT work, you will need to attach a scan tool for further information from the car.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will give this a try but just to clarify. I disconnect the battery negative first, wait 15 minutes and then touch the terminals together for 10 seconds and then reconnect the terminals positive first. Yeah?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Correct, but both cables have to be off the battery terminals when yo touch the cable ends together. When reconnecting, positive first and negative last.

Thanks again, and please remember to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.