The security indicator light is on and my 2009 Nissan Versa

Customer Question

The security indicator light is on and my 2009 Nissan Versa won't start. I believe I need to reset the security system but now sure how.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: I do not.
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Nissan Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am hoping to fix this myself. I've tried resetting the battery and such and resetting the security/ignition but the directions weren't clear enough on how to thoroughly reset it.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Jut that the security system needs to be reset and that's it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David, try this procedure.

• Reset your Versa by entering your vehicle with all of your remote control fobs. Once you enter the mode to program your ignition to your keys and to your alarm, all of your existing fobs will stop working and need reprogramming to work with the new code in the ignition.

• Close the doors and lock them with the power door lock control on the driver's door panel. Insert and remove the key from your ignition a total of six times in 10 seconds. Hazard lights in your car will blink to indicated you've done this correctly.

• Put your key back into the ignition and turn it to the setting immediately before the "On" setting, and within five seconds of doing so, push any button on your keyless remote fob. Hazard lights in your car will blink, letting you know you've done this correctly.

• Program the rest of your remote fobs, by unlocking and locking your doors from the power door lock button on the driver's door, and pushing a button on your key fob. Repeat for each additional key you need to program.

• Test your remotes and your ignition to ensure all programming was successful.