Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, Nissan Master Certified Tech, 12 yrs. experience in auto repair.
6166830

We have a 2008 Altima coup 2.5 4 cyl, when we first get in

Customer Question

We have a 2008 Altima coup 2.5 4 cyl, when we first get in the car the a/c will work fine and blow out of all the vents it is set for. After driving for about 15-20 minutes every time you slow down the fan continues blowing but no air is coming from any of the vents. Any ideas on what the problem might be??
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: No the one thing I did was change the cabin air filter yesterday thinking it may have been the issue. I dint think it would be the freon level was low because it blows cold air until you have to stop for any reason then air just stops coming from the vents. You can hear the fan blowing with no air.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hoping to have an idea of what to do expect before taking to the shop as I can't afford 1000-1500 dollar repair bill at this time. Thought asking questions on here would help and see if anyone else in the world has had the same issue. Any of blights on what the problem might be or recommendations will be appreciated
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not right now the s is a one owner car and we have never had any issues until now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 4 months ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** i can help

this problem is normally cause by a bad blower motor relay the relay is located in the back of the fuse box just remove the box and replace the relay .