sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I heard a pop a month ago from my radio and it went dead

Customer Question

Hi pearl! I heard a pop a month ago from my radio and it went dead since then--on my 2007 Nissan murano
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: the problem is the radio or cd has not worked ever since. we have tried everything, checked the fuses and removed coins from the radio but even then it does not work
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes we are trying o fix it ourselves. We checked all the fuses and they are not burnt and we took out t2 pennies from the radio
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: yes we replaced the entire radio front with another one from the junk yard and we have the same problem. everything works except the radio
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Odds are the failure is internal in the radio if no fuses are blown. The problem could either be the radio itself or a loss of power or ground to it, if there were coins in it then most likely circuits were shorted together inside the radio and that has caused it to fail.

What will need to be done is remove the radio and test it's powers and grounds to ensure there isn't a wiring issue. If ok then the radio will need to be replaced.