Cary York
Cary York,
Experience:  Auto Tech at Certified Auto Repair

My nissan sentra 09's steering wheel is locked and it wont

Customer Question

My nissan sentra 09's steering wheel is locked and it wont let me turn my key in the ignition. What can i do?
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The car sometimes has a problem turning the key in the ignition but thats usually fixed by turning the steering wheel. This time the steering wheel locked. We cant even change gears
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Cary York replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated. I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

Sound like you may have a problem in the steering column itself. Are you wanting to try and fix this yourself?