Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

2004 Nissan pathfinder rear door stuck will not open. how do

Customer Question

2004 Nissan pathfinder rear door stuck will not open. how do I open door so I can remove inside door panel to fix door locking mechinism
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.
Can you get in the car? If so you have to remove the screws in the door panel and roll the window down. This will allow you to be able to lift the top of the panel up and out enough to get your hands behind it without breaking anything. From there you can access the cables to the lock and handle and try work the door open. If the lock is completely seized you can pull the panel off the rest the way from there but will break a few clips.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well in first question I thought I made it clear that I cannot open door period. It is seized closed. I know what to do.when door is open. My only question is how do I open the back passenger door when it will not open
Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.

maybe you misunderstood me.

i gave you the ONLY way to get to the door latch with the door closed. I had one just like this 2 weeks ago that I had to get open.

My advice was what to do with the door CLOSED so you can access the cables to the latch mechanism and try to manually work it open.

you cannot get the door opened if it's seized without taking the door panel off, which is why i explained how to get the door panel off with the door closed. I wouldn't be talking about breaking door clips if the door was open......

Expert:  Jake replied 3 months ago.

using my method you don't have to get the door open to get the panel off, that's how you get the panel off WHILE ITS CLOSED.