Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 2004 Nissan Titan. Both FOBs 't work. I put in new

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Nissan Titan. Both FOBs don't work. I put in new batteries. The alarm seems to reset itself sometimes, but not others. But, I know if the little red light is blinking inside, then the alarm will go off when I open the door. No problem starting it. But, when I drive it and open the door to get out, it goes off again. I'd be fine to just use the key, if that would work consistently. I have tried double turns, but that doesn't seem to work.
Got any ideas?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If you lock the truck with the key, does the security light turn solid for 10 to 20 seconds then start to blink?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
about 20-25 seconds.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was able to get in and out this time, without the alarm going off, but the light still blinks. I thought that meant it was armed, but I got in without the alarm sounding.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

I am working today. Can we continue this later this evening?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Now it back to blaring the horn, keys in the ignition, locking unlocking the truck from inside, nothing seems to stop the alarm. Any suggestions?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Anybody there?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Our fobs are working now, or at least they seem to for the moment; did turning the key and holding it down long enough to make the Windows go do reset things? Because they've worked and then not worked before. And, whey they don't work, I mean they do nothing, no clicks, nothing.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Sorry, I am not normally online on weekends.. How often does the remotes stop working?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is inconsistent. It's been a problem for about 2 months, and really bad this last month. Is there anyway to bypass or turn off the alarm permanently or a way to consistently turn off the alarm using the key. I'm sure my neighbors would appreciate it
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Is this a crew cab or king cab?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's a crew cab. Can you go ahead and make a list of all questions that you want to know?
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

I want to first see when the remotes stop working if you walk around the truck and if you can find a way to make them work?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think I'm asking the same question over and over without an answer. And, "I don't know", would be an answer I would accept. I just want to know if there is a way to use the keys to stop the alarm from going off or a fuse that can be pulled or a wire that I can reasonably get to, to cut. I don't mind being fob-less. Right now, I'm having to keep my car unlocked everywhere I go.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

The Alarm can't be disabled. It is integrated into the truck.

The key in the drivers door locking and unlocking it, should turn off the factory alarm.

Does the remotes say Nissan? Are these the factory remotes?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The outside cases have been replaced, but the guts are the same. I'm the original owner. And if just one was doing it, I'd think it was the remote. I don't understand why the keys won't turn off the alarm? Or will they if I hold it all the way to the counter-clockwise?
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

The key thing is to see if the alarm can be set using the key. But the key should turn the alarm on and off as well. If the remote is intermittently not working this could be a control unit or antenna issue

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I get really crappy AM reception, FM seems fine. I don't remember it being an issue until about a year ago. I listen to a lot of talk radio, and I barely get a signal now. I had an oil place change my cabin A/C filter, it seemed like it was worse after that. Could they have knock an antenna wire loose from there? Although that was about a year ago, and the alarm issue, FOB not working, is only a couple of months old.
While we're thinking of everything. I had one of those inadvertant roll down the windows moments about 18 months ago, where the FOB got pushed in my pants somehow and I came out and my front windows were half rolled down. Not sure why they built that into the FOB. But, it rained inside, and afterwards I started to have random locking, unlocking of the car going down the road. It got worse and worse. My son, took off the door panel and cleaned the leads or something to that effect and that cured that problem, but that was not an alarm issue and it wasn't related to the FOB, but it was related to the locking mechanism. Could there be a damaged circuit board in the door causing the problem?