Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Doesn't cool enought installed gauges and gh side is 225-250

Customer Question

doesn't cool enought installed gauges and high side is 225-250 and low side running 30-50 think the exspansion valve at fault
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?
Customer: had a charge of 20 psi on gauge when brought to me has 150,000 miles on vehicle so may have a small leak. system has been down for two years not working and found someone had removed ac compressor relay. i added a can of leak detector but found no leaks as of yet
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2001 nissan frontier
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i will fix it myself. i have all the equipment to pull vacum and charge system
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Tom replied 4 months ago.

Even after a complete recover and evacuate there is still and issue ? If it was evacuated for at least an hour and there is enough refrigerant oil in the system and the compressor is not cycling to much or failing that expansion valve is definitely stuck from the system being dormant for those years.