rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Car want start after u drive it wait about 30 minutes and it

Customer Question

Car want start after u drive it wait about 30 minutes and it starts up
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: New battery and headlights come on
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2003 nissan altima
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced e.c.M with ignition switch that matched the computer. Replaced cam. And. Crank sensor. New temperature sensor new catalack converter new plugs new coil packs
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Car starts up and runs fine after a long drive sometimes car want start back after you turn it off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Not really just upset spent all this money on other parts pepole told me what was wrong with it and no results now I'm broke and in the same situation
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though, please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

These are hard to find, but if you have a lab scope, it can be attached to the fuel pump to check the armature for a flat spot. You can also check the fuel pressure with a gauge at the exact time that it won't start, but the scope will show you what you need to see running or not.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Installed new fuel pump. Far as mechanical I'm pretty darn good been working on cars since I was 13 I'm fifty now done a lot of mechanical work. But this thing has got me stumped
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Okay, so what are you missing when it won't restart, spark or fuel?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Both
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.
If that's true, then your computer may have failed. It definitely needs to be tested with a scan tool now yo confirm it.
Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.