Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

I hear a rumbling noise I'm the front end when I drive and

Customer Question

I hear a rumbling noise I'm the front end when I drive and now I feel vibrating under the acceleration peddal
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: Not sure how old the transmission is... It's a 2007 Nissan quest. Have not checked fuel filters
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Would like an estimate...haven't tried anything yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I don't think so at the moment
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 10 months ago.

HI there,

Usually this is a bad wheel bearing. What you can do to test it is weave back and forth in the lane as your driving and see if the sound changes pitch at all. If it does, then it's a wheel bearing. If not, then it's likely either one of the engine mounts or one of the bearings in the transmission. The most common would be a wheel bearing however.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!