My 2001 maxima was running fine after replacing radiator.

Customer Question

My 2001 maxima was running fine after replacing radiator. One morning I went out to go to store, it wouldn't start. Turns over but acted like it wasn't getting gas. Replaced the feul pump but it still won't start. I'm on disability due to MS so I'm not able to afford an ace mechanic. No codes to go buy because I can't afford to have it towed let alone afford the price at the Nissan garage for parts and labor. I desperately need my car. The fuses we are able to get to look fine. The feul sensor looked clean. Any ideas as to what could be going on? Could I have purchased a dud feul pump? Thanks so much. I love my maxima. Best car I've ever owned. If I could I would go buy a new one today. However, that's not a possibility. I'm truly desperate.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Yes it does. New battery.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm not the one working on it, my friend is. He's knowledgable about mechanics. Replaced feul pump, checked fuses and trying to figure how to check the feul sensor for sure. He says it looks clean. Not black or discolored.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: He wanted me to ask if feul sensor would be black if it needs to be replaced.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,

Is the security light on solid or flashing when you crank the engine?