Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

Ac not getting cold an already had it serviced an feron

Customer Question

Ac not getting cold an already had it serviced an feron added still not cold
JA: Have you checked the Freon level? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: Yes no leaks but where the freon goes it very hot thought it was supposed to be cold
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 09 maxima
JA: What year is your Maxima?
Customer: 2009
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yep an no but just wondering what's the issues
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

You should check the compressor and make sure that the clutch is engaging. Also make sure the fans are coming on when the ac is on. You could have a bad pressure switch which would prevent the compressor from coming on. You should also have a set a of gauges to check the high and low side pressures.

A high end scan tool is need to check the hvac system for any codes, and to look at live data of the temp sensors.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please rate at the top of the screen. We can continue to work on your question, rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best answer I can. Remember, I do not get compensated for my time helping you unless you rate. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars. Please let me know why and how I can help you more. Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know why and how I can help you more. Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means it’s no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and what I can do to help you more. I do not get compensated for my time unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan