peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

I need to change all 3 belts on a 94 nissan pick up truck...

Customer Question

I need to change all 3 belts on a 94 nissan pick up truck... I don't know how to loosen the belt.. or which bolts does it
JA: Which belt are you trying to change? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: I want to change all 3 they are orig. over 100,000
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: XE 94
JA: What year is your Nissan?
Customer: 1994
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes fit it myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I've taken the breather off and don't know how to release the tention
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what liter engine is in your model here so I can see if I can locate the info on this?Also to be sure this is a hard body truck am I correct?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

O.k.,my info doesnt show me diagrams on this here but for the alternator belt you loosen the alternator adjusting bolt.There should be a bolt that has a slide or area where you can pivot the alternator.You loosen the bolts for the alternator and swivel it to where you can remove the belt.Same to install the new belt.

For the power steering belt you would loosen idler pulley lock nut, turn adjusting nut counterclockwise, and remove power steering pump drive belt.Reverse to install.

For the ac belt you loosen the ac compressor bolts from what I can see and swivel the ac compressor to remove and replace.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how do I know which bolts are what you're talking about?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I should alt first and go from there?

You should be able to look at the ac compressor,power steering pump and alternator and see how they pivot to then tell which bolts to loosen.Unfortunately my info is not showing me the pictures of this here.You would start with the belt that is closest to the radiator and remove it first then the second closest then the third.I did find a diagram online that may help.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete