Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Error code nissan sentra 2004 with 2.5 L engine. service

Customer Question

Error code nissan sentra 2004 with 2.5 L engine. service engine soon diagnostics yields only 7 flashes. What is problem?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The 7 blinks indicates a manufactures code. So you will need a code reader to determine the code you have. Do you have a Auto Zone near you? They offer free scans as long as your not in California. If you can go there and have them scan it for me and return back with the code, I can better assist you.

Let me know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What do you mean by manufactures code? I understand that typically I would expect a series of 4 different flash sequences... is this something different? Thank you Jay
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

It means that self diagnostic steps you are using will not produce the code. Keep in mind, there are over 50 possible engine codes. Self Diag can not do them all. So that is why at this point you need to have the code read.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
O.k. Thank you. Appreciate your help. Kindly
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Not a problem. Just return back to this question when you get the code and I will continue to assist you.

Sound good?