Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

2008 Xterra, I dob;t drive it as often as I used to. My

Customer Question

2008 Xterra, I dob;t drive it as often as I used to. My weekend vehicle now.
So it has on 3 occasions stalled out and the SES, VDC off, and Slip lights come on and stay on. restart seemed to crank for much longer period of time but it did start and get me home.
strange thing is that I was actively making a left turn each time? most likely just a fluke.
Im wondering because it's been really hot here the last week or so if heat is playing a fracture with the Battery? it is a few years old and of course you can't test the gravity anymore?
any ideas? I reset the ECU using the procedure with ignition and gas peddle worked for a couple 5-10 mile trips then it did it this morning at the super market.
Thanks for your guidance!
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

At any point when the SES light is on, have you had the car scanned to see what code you are getting?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No not yet. I tried to count the flashing SES light but failed do to lack of concentration? the wife screaming in my ear at the time.
I'll get the codes read ASAP for sure. I have read all the possibilities... Yaw sensor, steering sensor, ECM harness, Break fluid level.
Like I said the thing was doing great and after a 2 week sit I started it up and 10 miles out it died on me doing a u turn? started right back up with a few extra cranks... runs a little rougher.
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

It is hard to determine unless you get the code. A code reader would be best to read the code. They are fairly cheap now as well.

Also, if you drive to auto zone they offer free scans unless you are in California. So that is another way to get the code as well.

Let me know

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
will do
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

k