virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 13 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop

Is the 2.5 litre a reliable engine, I have a 2006 altma.

Customer Question

is the 2.5 litre a reliable engine, I have a 2006 altma.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.It was a very reliable engine if you keep up with the maintenance. Regular oil changes and change the timing chain around 100-120k. Other then the timing chain causing problems from the oil changes not being done regularly it was a great motor.Is there anything specific that your wondering about?Thanks
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Very knowledgeable mechanic. I'll use them more often.
Does that mean your happy and satisfied with my reply?