Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

I have 2007 Altima 2.5S and tried to get it inspected but it

Customer Question

I have 2007 Altima 2.5S and tried to get it inspected but it failed inspection because my car couldn't communicate with the diagnostic tool
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am going to try but I am just trying to get some information on what could be causing the problem
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

You have a blown fuse, check all fuses in the interior compartment. Do all the power outlets work in the car? These are tied in to the diagnostic port and if a power outlet fuse is blown you will have not communication with the tool.

Please let me know if you have any questions and feel free to use the star rating system at the top of the screen. Thanks.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means it’s no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and what I can do to help you more. I do not get compensated for my time unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan