Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

There was a small regulator type thing on the end of the

Customer Question

There was a small regulator type thing on the end of the connecter that powered the fan shroud, I broke it connected it directly and now the fan won't cool the engine when it heats up.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

I spent the day boating with family and recently logged in and got all caught up. I see alot of waiting customers like yourself that were not helped earlier. Why I do not know but I believe I can help if you still need or want it. Please do not confuse this as my answer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would love to know what the part is called I am tired of riding with the heat on because my fan shroud won't turn on :(

I see a 4 wire connector to both engine cooling fans in the diagrams. Do you have a picture of this part and are both fans not working when the engine is to hot or with the AC on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Yeah there is but the one that is supposed to turn on when the engine is too hot had another small connector before it connected to the shroud. So I have to ride with the AC on so the AC fan will turn on.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will take a picture tomorrow of it on another 350z

Do you recall the wire colors in that connector?

I show both fans wired direct to the IPDM. Would a wire diagram help?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It was a pigtail almost identical to the ones that wire to the cat I'll just have to send a picture but it should show on the diagram

The diagrams actually do not show this connector inline.

I will check back with you tomorrow when you send a picture.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I haven't seen my buddies but I'll try to google it.

Super

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't seem to find it :/

It is not shown in this wire diagram either. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/350Z.pdf

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out. We have 7 days to get a confirmation that my help assisted you, or the post times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's not a wire it's a pigtail connector, it's a small pigtail that connects to the harness and then into the fan shroud.

Though the diagrams do not show an inline connector, based on the diagram if there was one then it should just have the exact same wire colors in and out and just be a disconnect so you can remove the fan and shroud as an assembly.