Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

Failed state emissions inspection- with code P0174- took it

Customer Question

failed state emissions inspection- with code P0174- took it to a mechanic they replaced oxygen senor (bank 2 sensor 1) and checked for any vacuum leaks got Van back yesterday.. check engine light came back on today.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 3 months ago.

Hi there.

Obviously, the first thing that comes to mind is to take the vehicle back to the mechanic so they can correct what they did wrong. However, if you don't want to do that and instead want to fix the issue yourself, I can certainly guide you through a systematic diagnostic process - just beware of the fact that you'll need tools and basic skills to follow my instructions.