Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2006 armada the remote went dead I can't program a

Customer Question

I have a 2006 armada the remote went dead I can't program a new one . if I leave the car unlocked I can come back later and the front windows will be down and locked with the alarm activated.
JA: Key fobs are tiny...but mighty, especially when they stop working. The mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: thanks my name is PERRY
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I went to advance auto the remote does not work. I tried a new one but it would not let me program the new by locking the doors and remoing the key six times nothing happens.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the mechanic fixed a issue with the airbag light flashing a couple of days earlier
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

Hey there thanks for the question.

Sorry you have been waiting for so long I have been away a couple days and specialize primarily on the Nissan issues.

I need to know if you remove the batteries from all the remotes, will it still have issues with doors locking and windows rolling down? let me know as I have an idea about whats going on but can't proceed until i KNOW for a fact the remotes are out of the equation.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

If the problem still exists afterwards, you may have n issue with the key cylinder switch in the drivers side door. They can sometimes get moisture behind the insulator on the connector and it will cause a solid lock signal to the acutator which resembles holding the key in the lock position. This will cause the front windows to roll down partially as well like when you do it manually with teh key.