Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2008 Nissan Titan and I was leaving out my drive

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2008 Nissan Titan and I was leaving out my drive way and when pressing on the accelerator the car would not accelerate. I drove back into the driveway and shut the car off and removed the battery post for a couple of seconds. I replaced the battery post and then the truck would not start. I took it to a mechanic and he changed the fuel pump I don't think that was the problem because now my security light is on and the truck will not start.... HELP
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: The engine does turn over and the battery is about 2 years old but has a good charge.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We changed the fuel pump and once it was installed the truck still doing the same thing like gas is not getting to the engine and security light is on.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I need to know what i need to do about the security light and why my truck is not getting gas if a new fuel pump was installed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

With the key on is the theft light on solid or flashing?

Do you know how to check the fuel pressure?

Any trouble codes stored?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No trouble codes light is flashing not solid and only flash when I place it in the on position or try to start it
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Motor turns over but will not start

It appears your diagnostic tool only has access to engine codes since it did not show a code for the theft system. Does your spare key result in the same thing?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Don't have a spare key... is the security light suppose to blink or stay solid if there is a problem?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do you know anything about the ipdm?

The theft light should be off with the key in the run position. When it is on or flashing, that means the vehicles computer thinks you are a thief and has disabled the fuel system. 2 keys will need to be programmed to the vehicle with a scan tool. If that fails then there has to be codes stored and there should be now. The vehicle will not start till the theft light is resolved and there is not a bypass method on this model.

If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ipmd? Could cause this problem.

The intelligent power distribution module is involved in this circuit though there is not enough information yet to say it is to blame and needs to be replaced.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out. We have 7 days to get a confirmation that my help assisted you, or the post times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris