Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

It died and when we got it started back in will barley move

Customer Question

It died and when we got it started back in will barley move forward but will go in reverse. It was just fine then slowed and died
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Lights were off and we just had to get new battery a month or 2 ago.
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2006 Nissan Murano
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just happened a little while ago, not done anything to it. I was waiting on my husband to get home. I just thought I would try to find out something before he got home
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No it was running fine, I drove home from work and then left again and just got a little ways down road.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing sound like you may have a transmission concern. In order to determine if that is the case you are going to need to do some testing starting with scanning the control system to see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you determine the cause.