Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 2013 pathfinder won't start and I think it's because my

Customer Question

Hi. My 2013 pathfinder won't start and I think it's because my fob is dead. Is there a way to use the mechanical key to start the car?
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: No. The engine does nothing. The fob won't even lock the doors which is why I'm wondering if this is a fob issue.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've looked through the the manual and can't find where it might indicate how to use the mechanical key to start the car.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Tom replied 11 months ago.

Could be an easy fix (disconnect battery for 10-15 min) and try again. If you have a spare fob, try that too. If not, they could be right - that it is a steering lock failure. It has been known to happen.