rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 06 nissian maxima v6 service engine light is always

Customer Question

I have a 06 nissian maxima v6 service engine light is always on. Went to auto zone, they read it. They said it shows nothing wrong. Reset computer. Still light on. Now also to mention. Every now and then while driving if course service engine lights on, but then a "SLIP" LIGHT & "TCS OFF" LIGHT comes on and car drives like its in over driver or something. Slow pick up wen taking off and sometimes kills till coil down awhile. I'm lost. Thinking electrical
Category: Nissan
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

When this happens, get a second opinion using an actual scan tool. If you have the same results, then that computer is bad.

Thanks, Ron