Greg, import technician
Experience:  import Technician . Shop Owner ,. 27 years experience,

2004 nissan extra good bat horn headlights pwr windows brake

Customer Question

2004 nissan extra good bat horn headlights pwr windows brake lights work normal but nothing happens when turning the key to start no lights on dash or gauge movement no crank tried the gin switch not that
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ops ignition switch not gin
Expert:  Greg replied 3 months ago.

On the side of the starter motor is a cable from the battery and to the side of the cable is the "S: wire this comes from the starter ignition switch . with a test light connected to the "S" wire try and start the test light should glow .

If it glows then check with the voltmeter how much voltage you have at the battery a good strong charged battery should have 12.6 plus volts .

If voltage is good replace the starter .

If voltage is low recharge battery and retry.

If the test light does not light up when trying to start check the starter wiring circuit .fuse starter relay .

Do this then please get back to me if needed for further assistance..

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
forgot to mention that shifter lever had and is really hard to move between gears looks like its the cable if disconnect shifter from cable moves easy any connection to starting problem. the bat is good and tested starter ok
Expert:  Greg replied 3 months ago.

okay to check if the cable is bad you need to disconnect at the transmission side .

Yes this is a possible issue if you have no power at the starter motor "S" wire .put into "N" and try and start as the engine will only start in N or P...

The PNP switch on the transmission is a known issue to cause hard shifting and no start .

they are known to get very stiff to move and causer this issue that you have .very possible this is your problem .

Rgds Greg