Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair

The doors won't unlock. Neither the fob nor the key works.

Customer Question

The doors won't unlock. Neither the fob nor the key works. The symbol at the bottom of the tachometer which shows a car with a key in the middle is flashing slowly.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: Has happened the last two days. Car was about 135,000
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2005 Murano SL AWD
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Actually 125,000 miles. I will fix myself if easy. I just kept trying it periodically and eventually it worked. Same thing yesterday.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It seems like everything goes wrong on this vehicle. But this is the first time anything associated with door locks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Nissan has released a service bulletin dealing with the type of problem you are having with the door locks and the proper steps to diagnose it , unfortunately unless you have access to the dealer scan tool this is not likely a repair you can do and will need to be done by your dealer. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review .