rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I'm thinking that either My fuel filter is bad or my fuel

Customer Question

I'm thinking that either My fuel filter is bad or my fuel pump,how can I tell which?
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: There's around 160,000
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2000 quest
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes,I've replaced all plugs/wires,air filter,lower intake valve all injectors are good
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: And did oil change on it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

You can tell for sure by doing a fuel pressure and volume test with a gauge. It's probably easier to just replace the filter if it's that old.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I know that it hasn't been changed,so I'll try replacing the filter first. Thank you
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

You bet, thank you too, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.