sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Nisan 2007 2.0 is dead won't start when I try to cut the

Customer Question

Nisan 2007 2.0 is dead won't start when I try to cut the alarm off it does nothing radios dead but the battery is good also I heard a long ringing nose went off after we took the battery out I tried to disable the alarm several times when you open the door you do hear the alarms when the doors open the normal car alarms to tell you the seat belts not on and stuff like that
JA: How old is the battery? Have you checked the battery gauge on the dash?
Customer: I also tried disabling the Alarm by opening the door that did not work either because like I said it's not the battery the car alarm will not disable itself
JA: What is the model of your '07 Nissan?
Customer: It is a Nissan Sentra 2007 2.0
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We check to see if it was the battery it was not the battery we changed the battery inside of the remote it was not that when I tried to disable it the flashing caution lights came on the dashboard and there's a light it's a car with the key in the middle of it a red car on the dashboard with a key in it that's flashing 2
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No the car was working fine before
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I question whether the issue is truly related to the alarm but if the alarm is active then pressing the unlock button on the key fob will disarm it.
What happens when you press the unlock button on the key fob?