chrlsman, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.

My driver's window stopped working all of the sudden and is

Customer Question

My driver's window stopped working all of the sudden and is all the way down and will not go up fuse is good other windows work in Nissan 2007 Quest minivan I just need to get the window up even if motor is bad is there a way I can get the window up
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes. I am also having a hard time getting door panel off in one area in the middle I have all of the parts unfasten but I cannot get the middle of door panel a loose so I can take panel off to look at inner door
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Just to get window in up position because I am in the middle of a trip
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  chrlsman replied 3 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I am one of the techs here. It sounds to me that your window regulator has broken and will need to be replaced. Here is the procedure:

1. Release clip and remove front corner cover.
  2. Remove screw cover then screw from cup of power window and door lock/unlock switch assembly.
  3. Remove power window and door lock/unlock switch assembly.
    • Release clip and disconnect harness connectors.
  1. Remove memory seat/fuel door release switch assembly.
  1. Remove step light.
    • Release tab and disconnect harness connectors.
  1. Remove door finisher and disconnect lock cable and handle cable from door handle assembly.
    • Release clips and remove door lock cable and door handle cable. Refer to "FRONT DOOR LOCK".
  1. Remove screws and front door release handle from front door finisher.
Expert:  chrlsman replied 3 months ago.

1. Remove the front door speaker. Refer to "FRONT DOOR SPEAKER".
  2. Remove the hole cover over rear glass bolt.
  3. Connect the battery negative cable.
  4. Temporarily reconnect the power window switch to the door harness.
  5. Operate the power window main switch to raise/lower the door glass until the door glass bolts can be seen.
  6. Disconnect the battery negative cable.
  7. Remove the door glass bolts.
  8. Raise the door glass up into the door frame/channel and hold in place with a suitable tool (A).
  9. Disconnect the harness connector for the regulator assembly.
  10. Remove the regulator nuts, and remove the regulator assembly.
Expert:  chrlsman replied 3 months ago.

With all of that said, you should be able to "hold" the glass in the up position using a few zip ties once you get the door panel off. That will at least get you home until you can replace the regulator at a later time.

- Chris

Expert:  chrlsman replied 3 months ago.

Were you able to get the door panel off ok? If you need further advise, feel free to ask.

Please go ahead with my rating. 4 or 5 stars will tell other customers that I give good service.

You can ask more questions even after the rating is given at no charge.