peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

I have a remote 2008 maxima that no longer works. Yesterday,

Customer Question

I have a remote for a 2008 maxima that no longer works. Yesterday, I did try to program an extra remote that was not compatible. Lock door, insert key 6 times, turn ignition and pressed button. The hazard light never flashed. Not sure if I wiped out all programming. The remote had started not unlocking the door and starting the car periodically. I replaced the battery this morning.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: In park, but I'm not currently in the car. How can I continue this session on my phone? I can get to it quickly.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried on-line solutions and locksmith with the equipment. He said he's never had it not work. The remote is giving a signal. Thinking it may be the car.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I know of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you havent checked for any blown fuses I would check all fuse panels for any blown fuses that may need replaced to correct this issue here.I have seen blown fuses cause this fault here needing replaced.If this is or was already checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have checked the fuse and it's fine. New battery in remote and it is giving off a signal according to the locksmith, but the car is not acknowledgin it.
I did try to add another remoteam by inserting the key 6 times, etc....Around the same time. But I think the remote worked after that.