Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

06 frontier is running with gh lube oil pressure what is the

Customer Question

06 frontier is running with high lube oil pressure what is the cause and will it hurt to run another 1500 miles/
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,

It's very possible the issue is with the oil sending unit itself and not the actual oil pressure. Try turning the key on with the engine off and see if the oil pressure jumps to full. If it does, then there is a very good chance it's just the sending unit. If it is, then it's safe to drive the truck another 1500 miles without a problem. It's a very common issue on these.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!