Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2006 Nissan Altima with 120k miles on it. We've

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Nissan Altima with 120k miles on it. We've tried everything I can imagine to get this car to start normally again. About a month ago I drove it out of town for it to overheat once I reached a redlight, pulled over gave the car some water and drove back home for the car to be looked at. since this shouldn't of happened and never had before we chose to change the thermostat, and fill the car up with water again and continue driving. Shortly after the car would sputter when started up. It continued this until it wouldn't turn over one day, only crank. Pulled a code for a misfire. Changed spark plugs, and cam sensor which was barely attached. Worked fine for another week until it overheated again randomly and the temp gauge would jump up and drop back down. then would not start up again without pressing the gas. We then changed the crank sensor. The jumping up in the temp lead us to believe headgasket. Then there was oil inn my water, even more signs to head gasket however tested the water today and it lead us to believe it couldn't be. The car still won't start half the time and we have tried basically everything I can imagine at this point. Somewhat leads me to believe fuel pump at least fo the starting issue
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

You said you found oil in the coolant but tested it and it couldn't be?

Have you checked the fuel pressure, before assuming the pump is bad?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Yes, and we did check the fuel pressure today and it's showing it isn't bad.

Are you saying the oil in the coolant is not coming from the engine from a cross contamination issue like a head gasket or head failure?

Where do you believe the oil is coming from in the coolant?

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris