Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a Nissan sentra, motor runs good sometimes and then

Customer Question

I have a Nissan sentra, motor runs good sometimes and then when you switch it off it will not crank back up it just keeps turning. We have checked the Cam sensor, 02 Sensor, Mass Air Flow Sensor, and Crank Sensor, It started one time and we thought it was fixed and drove it 200 miles which envolved starting and stopping several times and getting gas in it, it even sat for a few hours before we started it. We got home with the car turned it off overnight and the next morning it would not crank again. We checked over the car again could not figure it out so we carried it to the Nissan dealership and they said it was the crank sensor and computer because they said was bad computer said not communicating. We went and got a used matching computer they put that in and called and said it was ready and when we got there to pick it up it would not start again so that did not fix the problem that it was communicating now but still will not crank they said they could pull crank sensor and it will crank up, but not rev up. They called another Nissan tech he said pull valve cover and check said it was way out of time that chain was stretched, This car only has 67k miles on it with no rattle noise of any kind when it is running, I asked how it could run then and not run I do not think that this is a chain issue I think that it is more of a wiring problem. We are stumped! What are your thoughts?
Thanks
Category: Nissan
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 5 months ago.

is the valve cover still off? can they physically show you the stretched timing chian?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We did not look at it they just called us and told us that one of Nissan's field reps lives local here and he came by and looked at it this morning and said that it was so many degrees out of time. We did not see him checking it or see the chain just going what they are telling us.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did you get my last message @ 11:28?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you please let us know what you think or let someone else answer thanks

phone request is submitted

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We have already contacted another technician because we thought that you gave up because we did not get any response for several hours and we needed a response while we were communicating at the time while we were at the car and you did not reply back so we thought you gave up.