Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I got a issue with a murano charging issue 2009 can some

Customer Question

i got a issue with a murano charging issue 2009 can some help me
Category: Nissan
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 5 months ago.

is it charging?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

yes its over charging with the new alternator 16.4 to 15.6 some one from just answer gave me the wiring diagram but not sure it was correct

sounds like the voltage regulator is bad...is this the first replacement? oe or aftermarket?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

2nd alternator in a row REPLACED BOTH IN THE SAME DAY i think he told me the wrong wiring diagram it after market but 2 in a row being bad ? so the way its wired now is1 is brown 2 is yellow 3is light blue is that correct

i dug through my database i could not find a connector view for the alternator im going to open it up for another expert maybe they will have an easier time finding it

Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is Wayne.

Lets see if I can help you here.

I looked over your last question and when you ended that conversation it was charging properly. When did it stop charging properly and start overcharging?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

hello so i took for a test drive and the it was charging at 14.2 as should on test drive on way back quit charging it intermittently is charging i need to know what the correct wiring to the plug is

if you start the car it charges for a while 5 min? and then it just quits charging

You are giving completely contradictory test results here which is making it impossible for me to tell whats going on. One minute its charging. The next its overcharging. The next its not charging at all. Your last statement makes sense but not if it was overcharging to begin with.

And if the wiring wasnt right it would never charge right. It wouldnt be intermittent.. at least on the wire positions. If its intermittent its either a bad alternator or bad connections where you wired it together.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

so do you believe that since it no a oem or nissan altenator that it might be the issue i bought at caquest

Carquest alternators arent problematic by nature. Its tough to say without testing.

Do you have a multimeter to test it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

With the alternator plugged in check the voltage on the yellow/black wire at the alternator connector. Let me know what you get.

Also check the large stud voltage.

And actually I am looking through the tech hotline on this and people are having nothing but issues with aftermarket. I would say since it works for a while the problem is likely the alternator. I would get an OEM either from a dealer or salvage yard and try that. But youre already here may as well test it first and verify that.