Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2002 Nissan Pathfinder - won't start...immobilizer issue I

Customer Question

2002 Nissan Pathfinder - won't start...immobilizer issue I believe. Key issue...
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

With the key on is the theft light on or flashing?

Will it at least crank?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not flashing - solid red. No wont crank

Thanks, ***** ***** step is a Consult II diagnostic tool to see which codes are stored. Then we will know if there is a part of the system faulty needing to be replaced. The same tool is also used to reprogram the system. Below are the codes which could be produced.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/consult.png

There is not a self program or bypass option on this model.

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Let me be sure I understand - because I may be confused.
Next Step is a Consult II diagnostic tool - to see the codes -stored in the ECM?? . If I don't have a tool, I need to buy one or take to a garage?
Then, with the tool, see if the codes are any of the codes you sent me?
If they are ....then what? Since it is not a Self Program or Bypass Option - take to a garage?

Once I know the codes I can help you diagnose to see which part has failed and show you how to replace it. If it is a part that requires no programming then you can replace it at home then start and drive. If the code and repair requires programming then a shop is your cheaper route than buying this diagnostic tool.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will borrow an OBD II scanner tomorrow from a friend, get codes and get back to you tomorrow. Thanks...

Super

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have two codes P1610 Immobilizer Lock Mode and P1612 Communication between ECM - IMMU Impossible.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did you see my code responses???

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris