Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

My 2010 Nissan Versa cd player will play the cd but not have

Customer Question

My 2010 Nissan Versa cd player will play the cd but not have any sound. The radio works perfect and has sound....the cd player worked well two weeks ago...but not today...I tried three different cd's and all were silent but the counter was going? Any ideas...I am hoping a fuse!!!!
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: I would first need to know where they are?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am hoping that it's a "me" fix. Other than multiply cd's I have not tried anything....what would I try?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.

If the radio has sound and works fine but the cd player has no sound its an issue with the cd player in the radio.

Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.

regardless if it's a bose or not, the speakers and/or amp if equipped are working properly when playing the radio

the problem is with the cd mechanism