Car stalled, garage put new fuel pump in, gas gauge had

Customer Question

car stalled, garage put new fuel pump in, gas gauge had stopped working. Now SES lite on and car is cutting out while driving.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is this the original fuel pump?
Customer: No brand new fuel pump put on last week. 140,000 mi on car 2006 Altima
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: cant fix myself. was just hoping to get an idea why SES lite came on after new fuel pump put on and why car would be cutting out now before I take it somewhere,
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Radio and gas gauge seemed to stop at time car first stalled before the new fuel pump
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you happen to know what codes you may have? since you mentioned the Service Engine Soon light is on

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Don't know how to get codes. At time of first stall gas gauge read 1/4 tank but was empty. Also few days before radio had stopped working. Radio now works but gas gauge does not
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

Well this is the first thing I would do. Auto Zone offers free scans. Maybe swing by there and have them scan it and return back to this question with the code. This way once I have the code I can better assist you.

Do you think you can do that?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok. Will do and get back.
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

Thank you. To return back to this question, just log back into and go to My Questions to return back.

Talk to you then.

Thanks Jay!