Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 1996 Altima that starts fine in cold weather but

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Altima that starts fine in cold weather but once the temperature outside is about 70 degrees it doesn't crank or start.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: No turn over. Not sure about the battery as I just bought the car about a month ago. It looks new.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Probably not as I am not good with cars. Replaced the starter already.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Since your not going to be doing the diag nor repairs I assume your fine with the generic answer I will have to post just listing off the possible causes since diag can not be done?

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris