peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

With the trans problem from yesterday the p1759 code can I

Customer Question

With the trans problem from yesterday the p1759 code can I disconnect AT solenoid and still operate the vehicle
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I dont recommend unplugging the solenoid as this can put the vehicle into a fail safe limp mode or unsafe operation.It is best to have this repaired to correct the fault instead.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
but I was just wondering if I can disconnect it for a day or two I don't want to hurt the transmission is what I'm wondering

I dont think this would hurt the transmission but it may cause a fail safe/limp mode to occur.

If you can I would only drive it like this as little as possible and if any other running or shifting issues occur when this is disconnected then I wouldnt drive it any more until you can get this resolved.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete